Tuesday, January 30, 2007

January Wrap Up

The end of the month is rapidly approaching and I have been shamed into updating our blog. I have a couple of days of down time because they are knocking out one window in our house and putting a door in its place. Since we have workers in the house I need to be here to keep an eye on them and the work.

The month started really well with a visit from our son Jeff. He came over to spend some time with us before he shipped off to boot camp with the Marines. It was very hard to see him go. It was difficult watching him board the plane back to the US, knowing it might be years before we get to visit with him again here in India. Our heart aches with the fact that we will not be seeing very much of him over the next few years. During his leave time he will most likely go home to North Idaho. I do not know if he will have long enough leave and the dollars to travel here to see us. Please keep Jeff in your prayers; I am sure boot camp is a BIG adjustment for him.

Ministry has been keeping us very busy since our arrival. Things are finally getting into full swing. I do a lot of traveling, as I suspected I would. I have gone to Kolkata several times and we have already logged over 6,000 kms on the car since we got it. God has been blessing our time here; we have had the chance to participate in several campaigns and seen well over 1,000 people accept Christ as their savior. Please continue to pray for my health. This is another area that God has been so good to me. Each day he truly gives me my daily bread and sustains me for one more day of service.

Sunday Sharon and I attended a little house church near the Nepal border. It was such a blessing to be there with the Indian Christians, many of them were fairly new believers. We were offered testimony of one man who has had his vision miraculously restored (not just improved; in the past this man had to be lead around by hand). Another man who had not long ago been the village mad man running through the village naked harassing people. Please be praying for this fellowship, there are so many more people in the village that need to meet Jesus face to face.

I hear my friends back in Idaho have been having a bit of snow and cold this year—chuckle chuckle. It is beginning to finally warm back up here. Today it is in the low 80s and it stayed out of the 40s last night. It is really dry, it has not rained in almost two months, but I guess it will make it up during monsoon season.

Please feel free to write when you can. The internet sometimes does not work for days but I will write back as I am able. We are hoping to come back to the US for Jeff’s boot camp graduation in late April, please pray that this is able to come together for us. Also, we would love to have you let us know how we may pray for you and your families.


"There is nothing better for a man than to eat and drink and tell himself that his labor is good. This also I have seen that it is from the hand of God.” (Ecclesiastes 2:24)

5 Comments:

Blogger tenacious phenmonkey said...

wow!!! you posted. it's amaz-az-zing! good to know things are going well. talk with you later on.

1/30/2007 8:59 PM  
Blogger thehotrodqueen said...

good to hear from you! would love contact info on jeff. if he has any free time a warm homecooked meal will be waiting for him.

1/31/2007 10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Glad to hear you are alive! We miss you guys! Jeremy is looking forward to seeing you all in March (iam getting a bit jealous but it is not my season to go.. next time!)
We had a hard time saying good bye to Jeff... I cant believe that he is going to be a Marine! We miss him already and are hoping to make a trip to see him graduate in April if it works out! Well good to hear from you FINALLY! Miss you!Post some pictures if you can..my mind is going crazy trying to figure out what it is like:)!
Jeremy and Jen

1/31/2007 5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, finally you decided to talk to us.It will be tough to not see Jeff for awhile,hope you make it to him graduate.He left here in such a hurry,thought we would have a party. Sure are missing him.Church had special pray for him the last day here.We are watching Gonz play OT at Stanford.
Had lunch today w/D.Dolan &Steve &P.great visit. Love &miss you all do you rec mail?
k&vic

1/31/2007 10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there TSJK Just a quick note from the Prairie.Snow's about gone & sun is nice (but cold) Had bus.mtg today. Mostly about cutting salary!Valentine Potluck was fun.We think of Jeff often.Miss all you.Your work sounds exciting.Stay well
we love ya. Vic sad re ZAGS.
kat&vic

2/18/2007 9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



What ru looking for?