God Is Good... All the Time...
The last couple of weeks have been very busy and thankfully very fruitful. A week ago Sunday I went to Bihar (an adjoining state) and we conducted two baptism services where 9 Believers were baptized. This day was really a blessing although it was a very long day. We left the house here at 4:00 AM in order to reach the first village for an 11:00 AM service. It was about a 250 KM drive, we’ll just say it was off the beaten path miles from the last power pole. I was humbled by the excitement that my visit brought to these brothers and sisters. It was a blessing to lead the service. After the baptism and Lord’s Supper we traveled another 45 minutes to the next site. The road(?) into this village had me wondering why I did not spend the extra $1500 to get four wheel drive. The dry creek bed is used for the road during dry season. The evangelist explained that during monsoon season you can only get there via boat. This Baptism service was also as big of a blessing as the one earlier in day. We left this village just before sundown and arrived home just after 11:00 PM.
The following week we went to several villages and did evangelism, the fishing was good. At mid-week I was able to return to a village where we conducted a campaign in late January. We had our first organized church service, I gave an evangelistic message and over 10 people accepted Christ. The ground is fertile, but India is such a large country it is at times overwhelming. It is at times such as this when I recall it will be taken care of in God’s time.
I ask for your prayers, this will be a very busy week visiting nearby villages and schools. Saturday I will be traveling to Nepal to visit a fellowship there and then late next week I will travel to Manipur for eight days to assist with a campaign there.
It has been good receiving your emails, please remember Jeff in your prayers as he works his way through boot camp.
“Success, success to you, and success to those who help you, for your God will help you.” 1 Chronicles 12:18
The following week we went to several villages and did evangelism, the fishing was good. At mid-week I was able to return to a village where we conducted a campaign in late January. We had our first organized church service, I gave an evangelistic message and over 10 people accepted Christ. The ground is fertile, but India is such a large country it is at times overwhelming. It is at times such as this when I recall it will be taken care of in God’s time.
I ask for your prayers, this will be a very busy week visiting nearby villages and schools. Saturday I will be traveling to Nepal to visit a fellowship there and then late next week I will travel to Manipur for eight days to assist with a campaign there.
It has been good receiving your emails, please remember Jeff in your prayers as he works his way through boot camp.
“Success, success to you, and success to those who help you, for your God will help you.” 1 Chronicles 12:18



5 Comments:
sounds like you have been busy. it's weird to think that even though i haven't been to "those" places, i still can picture what it looks like.
the family is always in our prayers, including jeff.
oh, btw, check out my blog with a pic of that brick pile that was there when we were there. i think it turned out cool.
It's so exciting to hear about the work being done over there. Love you and miss you!
You and your family have been on the prayer list for our church for a long time. I just heard from my uncle George in El Segundo that you are on his church's also. He was asking for an update to give the prayer group this week. I emailed Jeff's address to some family members and have already heard back from Melissa.
love dad
maybe we'll have to come join you so that i can have a tan year round...
heheh
I like the new weather thingy. Do you have a new weather station at your house?
Post a Comment
<< Home